"Beter Is Ons Devies"
voor liefhebbers van BIOD-caravans

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Hallo, Frage zu Biod400TL

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    "Beter Is Ons Devies" Forumindex -> Vraag-en-Antwoord
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Uwe400

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo 07 Aug 2013 09:13    Onderwerp: Hallo, Frage zu Biod400TL Reageren met citaat

Hallo Leute, bin neu hier, komme aus Deutschland, heisse Uwe und bin seit halben Jahr glücklicher Besitzer eines Biod400TL von 1983 Smile

Ist es Ok dass ich Deutsch schreibe, english würde etwas schwerer Fallen und wenn ich Niederländische google-übersetung hier rein Poste dann wird Ihr glaube noch weniger verstehen Smile

Ich habe keine Erfahrung mit diesem Modell aus Plastik, und mich interessiert welche Schwachstellen haben diese Baujahre? Ist Styropor isolierung meistens noch Gut oder vergammelt? wechselt ihr die isolierung und wenn ja gegen welches neue material? gibt es feuchtigkeitsprobleme?(wasser) ,

Radlager bremsen oft wechseln? welche technische probleme treten auf?

Mein hinteres grosses panorama-fenster schliesst unten nicht dicht, die halteklammern rasten nicht komplett ein oder gar nicht, ist da das PVC fenster verzogen nach vielen jahren oder der komplette biod ist manchmal wegen alter etwas schief? Meine Tür hat unten und oben auch grosse spalt, und in der tür unten an der seite ist ein Riss. welche stellen reissen noch gerne?

Wurde in der produktion nach 1983 was verbessert? dieses modell wurde zwischen 1983 und 1990 hergestellt? gibts da grosse unterschiede und wenn ja ab welchen bowjaahr? welches bowjaahr ist nicht zu empfehlen oder besser zu empfehlen?

d a n k e !
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nom-Ad

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo 07 Aug 2013 21:01    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Hallo Uwe,

ich kan Dir leider nicht behilflich sein aber möchte Dich gerne Wilkommen heissen! viel Vergnügen gewünscht !

Groeten, Judith Laughing
PeterB

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo 07 Aug 2013 23:41    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Dear Uwe,

reading German is ok for me, writing is not.
Your answer in German is fine though.

So.

Any Biod 400 or 350 will have leakingproblems due to the strips on the outside.
As a result there will be problems all over the interior,.
Insulation, wood, electrical system, whatever.

Your "spalt" in the door is quite normal too I think. The door of my caravan has the same problem.
Check out the wood at the rims of the doorway (left and right), I'm pretty sure that it will be soaked and rotting.
This is due to the fact that the strip above the doorway nearly always leaks.

Despite what others tell you: BIOD is a feeling, but not a better caravan than any other brand.
A BIOD "works" as we name it here in Holland.
So when the temperature is 30 degrees, the caravan is big and when the temperature is low it is smal(ler).
This difference may be 1 or 2 centimeters on a 400. (Sell it when it's hot! Bigger caravan-Bigger price)
So everything is in a constant movement and over the years cracks appear everywhere.

But the strips on the outside are the worst.
They are connected to the body by "popnails" (No idea what the word is in English OR in German) and those nails "pop-out" over the years, due to the "working" of the caravan, so at every nail at every shower a few drops of water get into the interior of your caravan.

The chassis isn't too stiff either.
Check it out by turning out just one of the rests just over the maximum, keeping the door and the windows open.
You might notice that the door doesn't fit anymore and it might be just a little harder to close the windows.

My caravan was a 400 TL too, built in 1991.
When I bought it it looked quite okay.
Only a little bit of leaking-moisture-fungus in the backleft corner.
So I thought: "I'll get rid of the toilet, turn it into a nice cupboard and live happily ever after"

End of the line is that it took me some 500 hours to redo the caravan and the door still doesn't fit properly.
But instead of a TL it's now a PB, meaning there is a fixed bed in the front and a seating group in the back, plus all kinds of luxury in between. So my girlfriend and I are more than happy with it.

For insulation I used the stuff that is normally used for reefers (temperature controlled containers).
It's 15 layers-all-kinds-of-stuff and they say it is the best there is.
Cost is about 15 euros per square meter, lets say 350 for a BIOD 400, no idea about the brand or name.

Hope this is of any help pal.

Good luck anyway!

Peet.
Uwe400

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr 09 Aug 2013 13:27    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

THX for very detailed answers, that is what i was needing!

leakage places, near door i understand, but where are the evil strips with popnails who let water? maybe you can tell me the places on biod-picture from internet? can not shoot a foto now i am not at home atm, can i just do them dry with hermeticum without disassemble? from outdoor with special hermetic glue, how do you guys this try-to-dry job?
Terug naar boven
PeterB

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr 09 Aug 2013 18:29    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

It's the horizontal aluminium strips all around the body.
In the middle of the alu strips you will find a rubber band.
When you remove the rubber you will see the heads of the nails.

Peet.
PeterB

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr 09 Aug 2013 18:41    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Sorry Uwe, I clicked the "send" button too quickly.
The problem is that there is wood behind the strips and the wood soaks up the water. Over the wood is vinyl and cupboards and stuff.

What I did is taking away the whole interior, remove all the wood on the inside and let everything dry up.
But this is maybe not advisable, because it means a lot of hours of work and quite some money involved.

No idea where or if I saved the pics I made during the process, but I'l give it a try next week.
If i dig up something I will send it to you if you give me an email in a "PB".

Peet.
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    "Beter Is Ons Devies" Forumindex -> Vraag-en-Antwoord Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: